At North Florida Regional, our surgery department cares for those requiring surgical intervention in either an inpatient or outpatient setting.
Same-day surgeries feature operating suites and the most advanced cardiac-telemetry service in our community.
Specialty surgeries include:
- Laparoscopic and open bowel resection (partial colectomy)
- Gall Bladder diagnosis and removal (cholecystectomy)
- Hernia repair (laparoscopic and open)
- Carpal tunnel release (surgery to treat carpal tunnel syndrome)
- Breast and skin biopsies
- Prostate brachytherapy
- Interstim therapy (therapy to treat urinary incontinence)
- Arteriovenous fistula (abnormal channel between an artery and a vein)
- Laparoscopic and endoscopic diagnostic procedures
- Kidney stone treatment/removal, including lithotripsy