The Behavioral Health Center of North Florida Regional Healthcare offers a continuum of psychiatric care including Inpatient Acute Care, Outpatient Care and Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT). For more information on our services, call 352-333-HELP (4357).
Our Treatment Team
- Registered Nurses
- Mental Health Technicians
- Social Workers
- Recreational Therapists
- Intake Nurse Coordinators
Inpatient Acute Care
The Behavioral Health Center offers inpatient treatment for adults 18 and older who are experiencing acute illnesses that require 24-hour medical care. We are a Certified Baker Act Receiving Facility that also accepts voluntary patients and direct admissions. The inpatient unit is located inside the main hospital at NFRMC. For more information, call 352-333-HELP (4357).
The 33-bed unit consists of 13 private and 10 semi-private room and includes the following:
- Activity areas, group areas and dining areas that emphasize patient safety and well-being and offer open spaces conducive to a therapeutic community
- Treatment plans tailored to each patient with length of stay varying according to treatment needs
- Therapeutic, well-structured daily schedules that encourage patients to develop skills and strategies to reach goals
- Aftercare planning led by trained clinical staff to ensure each patient has an appropriate follow-up plan before leaving our facility
- ECT Suites for those patients needed inpatient treatment while undergoing ECT
Our outpatient care offers an intensive level of psychiatric care in a comfortable setting. Our outpatient treatment team consists of board certified psychiatrists and nurses, and licensed therapists. Together they use the latest clinical research and practices to develop structured approaches to treat increasingly common mental health illnesses, such as anxiety, depression and mood disorders. Through group therapy sessions, our programs work to provide patients with the tools and knowledge they need to cope effectively with life experiences.
Within outpatient care, we offer a Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) and an Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) in a 3 day per week or 5 day per week program.
- No charge intake assessments are available Monday – Friday.
- Most insurances accepted – self pay rates available
- For more info or to schedule an assessment call: 352-333-5540
- The Outpatient Care office is located inside Care Plaza West at 916 NW 66th ST – located directly across from the main entrance to NFRMC. Free parking is available in front of the building.
Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) is a safe, highly successful treatment for those suffering from severe depression, bipolar disorder, mania, schizophrenia or other mental illness.ECT is intended for those who have not tolerated or found success with other treatments. Offered 3 days per week, it may be administered on either an inpatient or outpatient basis.
Our highly-trained psychiatrists and treatment team members can provide detailed information about our ECT program. For more information, please call 352-333-HELP (4357).
To reach us, please call 352-333-HELP (4357)