The Volunteer Program at North Florida Regional Medical Center is an integral part of our hospital team. Volunteers offer their time and talents throughout the hospital assisting in patient and visitor areas. Volunteers are non-medical, non-clinical and assist in providing the best possible care for its patients, families and visitors by augmenting services provided by the hospital staff.
Volunteer opportunities exist in many areas including the following:
- Emergency Department
- Waiting Areas (Surgical Services, Women’s Center, ICU and more)
- Cancer Center
- Golf Cart
- Guest Ambassador
- Volunteer Services office/clerical
Criteria to become a volunteer
- Must be able to donate one three to four hour shift per week. A college student’s volunteer schedule may change each semester.
- All potential candidates must be able to successfully pass a criminal background check.
- Volunteers must either be an adult or college student. High-school aged volunteers may only participate in the VolunTEEN program which takes place in the summer time. Contact Volunteer Services for more information.
- Must attend Orientation prior to volunteering.
- Understand that this is a volunteer program only - no shadowing or internships available.
- Complimentary meal for each shift worked
- 25% discount in the NFRMC Dining Room
- 20% discount in the gift shop
- Free coffee in the dining room
- Annual flu shots
- Invitations to Holiday Luncheon, Volunteer Week Celebration and more
- Chance to meet new people and make new friends!
- Complimentary sick visits at Company Care
- One complimentary volunteer polo shirt
Complete the form below for more information about volunteering at NFRMC. We look forward to having you join our team!