Volunteering At NFRMC
The Volunteer Program at North Florida Regional Medical Center is an integral part of our hospital team. Volunteers offer their time and talents throughout the hospital assisting in patient and visitor areas. Volunteers are non-medical, non-clinical and assist in providing the best possible care for its patients, families and visitors by augmenting services provided by the hospital staff.
Volunteer opportunities exist in many areas including the following:
- Emergency Department
- Waiting Areas (Surgical Services, Women’s Center, ICU and more)
- Cancer Center
- Golf Cart
- Guest Ambassador
- Volunteer Services office/clerical
Criteria To Become A Volunteer
- Must be able to volunteer at least 4 hours per week on a set schedule. A college students’ schedule may change at the end of each semester.
- All potential candidates must be able to successfully pass a criminal background check.
- Volunteers must be an adult or a college student. Currently, teen volunteers are only accepted during the month of July as part of our VolunTEEN program.
- Must attend Orientation prior to volunteering.
- Understand that this is a volunteer program only - no shadowing or internships available.
- Complimentary meal for each four-hour shift worked
- 25% discount in the NFRMC Dining Room
- Free membership to H2U, HCA’s senior program
- Free valet parking
- Annual flu shots
- Invitations to Holiday Luncheon, Volunteer Week Celebration and more
- Chance to meet new people and make new friends!
Complete the form below for more information about volunteering at NFRMC. We look forward to having you join our team!