North Florida Regional Medical Center is a Comprehensive Stroke Center
Licensed by the State of Florida, Agency for Health Care (AHCA)
TIME LOST IS BRAIN LOSS!
THINK FAST IF YOU THINK YOU OR SOMEONE YOU ARE WITH IS HAVING A STROKE DIAL 911
NFRMC Is a Comprehensive Stroke Center and the Right Choice for Compassionate, Comprehensive Stroke Care and Treatment
At NFRMC, we have a dedicated team of stroke clinicians who focus on rapid treatment of stroke 24/7, 365 days of the year. When the Emergency Department announces a stroke alert, our experienced, specially trained physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, pharmacists, and technicians respond to the call. Many times the team is already at the door to meet the patient and receive important information first hand from the EMS, Air Life and/or family. Our multidisciplinary stroke team extends to interventional neurologists, neurosurgeons, intensivists, hospitalist, dedicated critical care and med/surg neuroscience nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, case managers, all of whom provide care for patients during their recovery.
Advanced state-of-the-art stroke care & treatment vastly improve patient outcomes
- Treatment with IV t-PA, a medication used to dissolve dangerous clots in blood vessels, is used in medically appropriate patients when a clot occurs in an area of the brain. At NFRMC, Greater than 90% of medically appropriate patients receive IV t-PA in under 42 minutes against the national goal of 60 minutes.
- NFRMC provides advanced comprehensive stroke care using cutting edge technology and advanced techniques to provide vascular and interventional neurological procedures including
- Intracranial endovascular coiling
- acute stroke thrombectomies
- carotid artery angioplasty and stenting
- diagnostic cerebral and spinal angiography
- embolization of tumors
- vascular malformations
- neuro critical care
- New technology:
- State-of-the-art 128 slice CT Scanner
- CT angiography and perfusion imaging
- Diagnostic & cerebral and spine angiography
- State-of-the-art high-resolution Bi-plane Angiography Room
- Advanced aneurysm/vascular lesion treatment options including intracranial endovascular embolization, stenting and coiling, as well as open craniotomy procedures