The Behavioral Health Center of North Florida Regional Healthcare offers a continuum of psychiatric care including Inpatient Acute Care, Outpatient Care and Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT).
Inpatient Acute Care
The Behavioral Health Center offers inpatient treatment for adults 18 and older who are experiencing acute illnesses that require 24-hour medical care. We are a Certified Baker Act Receiving Facility that also accepts voluntary patients and direct admissions. If you need any help, please call (352) 333-4470 and ask for intake or call (352) 333-HELP.
Our newly expanded 33-bed unit includes the following:
- Activity areas, group areas and dining areas that emphasize patient safety and well-being and offer open spaces conducive to a therapeutic community
- Treatment that is tailored to each patient with length of stay varying according to treatment needs
- Therapeutic, well-structured daily schedules that encourage patients to develop skills and strategies to reach goals
- Aftercare planning led by trained clinical staff to ensure each patient has an appropriate follow-up plan before leaving our facility
- ECT Suites for those patients needed inpatient treatment while undergoing ECT
We now offer an intensive level of psychiatric care in an outpatient setting. Our board certified physicians use the latest clinical research and practices to develop structured approaches to treat increasingly common mental health illnesses, such as anxiety, depression and mood disorders.
Within outpatient care, we offer a Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) and an Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP), which include the following:
- Scheduled therapy offered in 3-day-a-week or 5-day-a-week sessions in our Outpatient Care facility
- Dialectical (DBT), cognitive (CBT) and interpersonal (IPT) therapy in group settings
- Step-down levels of treatment for those who might have been recently treated on an inpatient basis
- Options for those who have never been treated on the inpatient side but may require daily or every-other-day intensive therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) is a safe, highly successful treatment for those suffering from severe depression, bipolar disorder, mania, schizophrenia or other mental illness.ECT is intended for those who have not tolerated or found success with other treatments. Offered 3 days per week, it may be administered on either an inpatient or outpatient basis.
Our highly-trained psychiatrists and treatment team members can provide detailed information about our ECT program. For more information, please call.
Our Treatment Team
- Registered Nurses
- Mental Health Technicians
- Social Workers
- Recreational Therapists
- Intake Nurse Coordinators
How to Reach Us
Inpatient Care for the Behavioral Health Center is located inside North Florida Regional Medical Center.
6500 W. Newberry Road
Gainesville, FL 32605
Phone: (352) 333-4470
Outpatient Care is located approximately a half mile northwest of North Florida Regional Medical Center.
7135 NW 11th Place
Gainesville, FL 32605
Phone: (352) 333–5540
For more information on our services or to schedule a confidential screening at no charge, please contact The Behavioral Health Center Outpatient Care office. If you are calling after-hours, you may reach us 24/7 at (352) 333–4470.